Popsicle’s The Big Wiff – The World’s Largest Wiffle Ball Tournament
Be part of the fourth-annual World’s Largest Wiffle Ball Tournament being held across Minnesota on August 22 and 23, 2015. All Ages are welcome.
Wiffle Ball teams of three to five people will play in a round robin tournament on Saturday, August 22. The crazy fun at each of the locations will include prizes for best team costumes and of course, tournament champions.
Championship games for the winning teams from each of the locations will be held on Sunday, August 23 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm at the Minnetonka Miracle League Field.
Bring your friends and family to join the fun!
Registration ended August 19th
The Wiffle Ball Tournament
Wiffle Ball is simple and fun – all ages are welcome, from 2 to 92 years old!
Here are the basics of the game. Once registered, you will receive the complete tournament details.
- Team rosters consist of 3 to 5 players.
- There is no base running. Imaginary on base runners advance as hitter does.
- Each game is 6 innings.
- Part 1 of the tournament on Saturday will be round-robin divisional play.
- The top teams will then advance to play a single-elimination playoff-style bracket.
- The winning team from each location will then play in the Championship games on Sunday.
- Each team is guaranteed to play at least 4 games, with advancing teams playing many more!
- Games will be played rain or shine.
Balls & Strikes
- At bat consists of 6 balls and two strikes.
- A strike is called when a pitch hits the strike zone or ball travels less than 42 feet from home plate.
- An out is called following any combination of 2 fouls or strikes.
The Field of Play
- The strike zone is 20 inches x 30 inches, 12 inches off the ground.
- The pitching mound is 42 feet from home plate.
- Hits are determined by the distance ball travels from home plate:
- Single – 42 feet
- Double – 65 feet
- Triple – 85 feet
- Homerun – 85 feet and beyond
Contests & Prizes
Popsicle’s The Big Wiff Costume Contest
- Prizes will be awarded to the wiffle ball teams with the best costumes at each location on Saturday.
Other Contests & Prizes
- The 2015 tournament champion team members will be awarded a trip to Fort Myers, Florida for Spring Training.
- The second place tournament champion teams on Sunday will also win tickets to a 2015 Twins game from PlayBall! Minnesota.
Click on the location name to view location specific information.
If you are interested in volunteering for Popsicle’s The BIG WIFF, please contact: Kevin Thoresen 612.703.3218
Choose a Field for More Information
Sponsorships are still available. If you are interested in getting your company involved with The Big Wiff, please contact Kevin Thoresen by email or by phone, 612.703.3218.
If you are interested in supporting a team(s) by pledging, you can choose a tournament location(s) you would like to contribute to, and then select your favorite team name(s).
Your contribution to The Big Wiff supports all Minnesota Miracle Leagues. Your support allows us to do all the little things that make the game as special as the kids who play it, as well as aid in building another Miracle League field in Minnesota.